Altium Video Tutorial – PCB Layout
This is the third post in our Altium Designer PCB design video tutorial series. The first video showed you the basics of creating a PCB project in Altium. The second demonstrated how to work with schematics. In this video we’ll be building on the schematics we drew up last time and create a PCB layout for our design.
- Importing PCB footprints into your layout
- Working with PCB design rules
- Placing components on your board
- Adjusting the size of your board from the default
- Routing your design (wiring up the components)
- Setting the bottom layer as a ground plane with a polygon pour
- Executing a design rule check
For the full resolution version of this video, feel free to check it out directly on youtube.